Happy New Year!
I am obviously late to this tag as most book bloggers and BookTubers have already finished with it, but I think this is a fun tag to inaugurate my blog for the new year. 🙂
Without further ado, let’s start with the questions:
1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres – contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?
…This tag isn’t as fun as I thought.
Why do I have to get rid of my books?! 😦
But okay, if I must:
Contemporary – Paper Towns by John Green
Fantasy – My Harry Potters. The bind up edition. Which is not released yet but I still own.
Non-Fiction – I own like one non fiction book which is a quiz book so probably that.
Genre of my choosing:
Historical Fantasy – The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
That was really hard and now I feel like I’m betraying the rest of my books. I feel horrible.
2. You’re at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don’t like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren’t big on reading – what book is it?
Probably the Percy Jackson series. Percy is hilarious and the things he says are so relatable to teenagers. The book is like really action packed and fun and the characters are great and the story is great. So if they like it, they can read the whole series and then proceed to Heroes of Olympus which is also super freaking fantastic. Thus opens their portal into the magical world of books.
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?
Not a fantasy, that’s for sure. I need to be in the zone and super concentrated for fantasy. Pretty much any contemporary which is kind of a light read leaving you feeling warm and fuzzy. My favourite pick me up book is An Offer You Can’t Refuse by Jill Mansell. It’s really funny and I love the characters and the story. Maybe Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I read it recently but I did love it a lot.
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?
I’m still a teenager but a few years ago if you caught me reading it’d probably be: a) something by Jacqueline Wilson because I’ve read all her books multiple times, b) Harry Potter – I’ve read these a lot too or c) Percy Jackson – again, I loved these.
5. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the way?
Whatever is next on my TBR. Right now, at this moment in space and time, it’s Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins.
6. Your house has been robbed! Don’t worry – everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What’s the book you really hope is safe?
I will find you and I will kill you, raider of bookshelf. There isn’t one particular book I want safe – there are some I wouldn’t mind being raided but most I love and want to keep forever.
7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs
I hate it when that happens. IT’S NOT THAT HARD TO KEEP A BOOK IN PROPER CONDITION. I’ll ask them to repurchase it. This has happened before which is why I don’t lend my books anymore. The person in question refused to do so. This led to me ruining one of their books out of anger. Henceforth, no one has ever dared to do anything to my books.
So there you go, the first post of the year! Hopefully by the end of 2015, I’m still blogging because I do love it. This was actually really fun! I tag everyone reading this to do it. It’s super fun and I’d really like to know your answers too.
Happy new year to everyone once again!