As you can probably tell by my book blog, I am an avid reader. I love reading and have been reading for as long as I can remember. So today, I’m going to list out some advantages I’ve had because of my being an avid reader.
1. English teachers will like you.
I’ve been to 6 schools in the past ten years (we move around a lot; I wasn’t kicked out!) and all the English teachers seem to really like me. They ask whether I’ve read a certain book or even lend me books! I love having book discussions with teachers because they perceive books completely different from how I do.
2. The librarian will let you take books from the restricted shelves and the books that haven’t been laminated yet. I read Divergent and Insurgent from my school library and I was the only one allowed to take the books even though they were all new and shiny and not covered with the plastic wrapper.
3. You know a lot of random facts that can help you out in life or make you seem more intelligent than you really are.
4. You tend to a have an extensive vocabulary which helps you implement long and complicated sophisticated words whose meanings you might not wholly comprehend in order to appear far fancier than you really are.
5. When people see you reading a book that they’ve already read, they may come up to you to talk about it hence making you some new friends!
6. Reading is the easiest way to escape from the madness that is life. You can just plunge yourself into the depths of someone else’s life for a while. It’s the best kind of escape.
7. Adults seem to think you’re intelligent when you basically spend most of your time trying to escape from your life into someone else’s xD
So here are some of the advantages I’ve had in life because of my love for reading! What do you guys think are some advantages of being a bookworm?