Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Visit their blog for more details on how to participate.
If I’m being honest, I’d be a really shit teacher. I have next to no patience and have no clue about teaching. But if I did teach Contemporary YA Romance (is that even a subject? I’d love to major in that!), these would be the books I’d assign!
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
3. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
4. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
5. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
6. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
7. Where Rainbows End by Cecilia Ahern
8. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
9. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
10. Driftwood by Cathy Cassidy
All the books I’ve chosen are basically my favourite YA romances and they aren’t all full of cliches, most of them focus on issues bigger than the romance. These books, I feel, teach us a lot, more than being just cutesy love stories, they do explore deeper themes which is why they’d make the cut for my syllabus!
Leave your TTTs in the comments and also tell me where I can find a university/college where they have classes like these. Thanks.