I was tagged by the lovely Summer (xingsings) to do two very wintery tags – the ‘Tis The Season Book Tag and the Dashing Through The Snow Book Tag. They have a few similar questions so I decided to do both together!
‘Tis the Season book tag-
1. Do you have a favorite winter read?
No. Winter in India is still around 23-25°C. Not exactly snuggle up in bed with a book and hot cocoa weather. It’s not winter enough for me to have a favourite winter read.
2. Find a book with blue on the cover!
3. Find a book you’d use as the star on a Christmas tree!
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli! The cover is really cute and has a tiny star on it 🙂
4. Pick one fictional place that would be perfect for a winter vacation!
The Great Hall at Hogwarts! I really want to see the castle all decorated for Christmas and everything must look so pretty and all the food that they have must be grand! Just thinking about it all makes me happy!
5. Pick one fictional character you’d take with you on your winter vacation!
I’d love to go anywhere with Percy Jackson!
6. Name one book on your wish list this year!
Don’t celebrate Christmas so don’t have a wish list but I really want to read the Magnus Chase book by Rick Riordan
7. Favorite holiday drink, treat, & movie?
Holiday drink… Nothing in particular, I like hot chocolate all year round, so maybe that. Treat – definitely chocolate! I watch people’s YouTube videos where they open advent calendars with chocolates inside and get soo jealous! This year, a friend of my father who lives in Zurich has got this bag full of the best chocolates I have ever eaten in my life *.* Movie – sounds a little bit childish, but I love The Polar Express!
Dashing Through the Snow Book Tag-
1. Name a book you’d like to see under your Christmas tree?
Like I said, no Christmas tree but I wouldn’t say no to the Illustrated Harry Potter.
2. A book you’ll be reading during the Christmas season?
Nothing Christmasy, I’m rereading the Vampire Academy series. But I also want to reread An Offer You Can’t Refuse by Jill Mansell.
So many books, so little time!
3. Favorite Christmas movie?
I don’t have any particular favourite but I love The Christmas Carol, Polar Express and the movie with the five golden Labradors (I can’t remember the name!)
4. Do you like snow?
I’ve seen snow when I was a kid and we lived in Switzerland. I don’t remember it but we do have pictures, and I look pretty happy in them! I love looking at pictures and videos of places with snow, so yes, I do like snow.
5. Name a character you would like to spend Christmas day with?
Percy Jackson and Will Herondale. I’d like to spend all my days with them please thank you very much.
6. To give or to receive?
I love receiving gifts, obviously, who doesn’t like presents?! But I’d rather give people gifts than receive gifts from them. I love looking for gifts or making something and seeing how people react to the gift. Ahhh giving gifts is so much fun!
7. Fondest Christmas memory?
Having my sock filled with tiny gifts when I was 4 years old. 🙂 I just ran around saying, “Santa was here!” To anyone who’d listen xD
8. Can you say “Christmas tree” ten times fast in a row (while pronouncing them correctly)?
I could say it! Totally not a tongue twister xD
This is very late so I’m sure everyone’s done this already so I’m going to scrounge around for blogs that haven’t and tag them. Okay? Okay.
Loved doing this!
Happy Holidays to everyone! 🙂 xxx