Happy new year everyone!
This is a bit late, I know but it’s still January so making resolution posts is still allowed okay?
I was tagged by Summer @ Xingsings (thank you, you’re the best! :D) to do a post about my 2016 resolutions, so here we go!
- In 2015, I read A LOT of books. I lost track by about March. I’m pretty sure I finished my Goodreads 100 book goal before half the year got over. While that’s pretty awesome, I read so much so fast that a lot of the books and the characters and the plots got messed up in my head. This year, I want to read less books but read more thoroughly and enjoy each page of each book and not force myself through anything. I may reread some books I read last year because I’ve forgotten what happens in them! So I’ve set my Goodreads goal is 50 which is as good as any. 🙂
- I want to read more non fiction. I’ve always thought it to be boring, but over 2015 I learnt about a lot of really interesting non fiction that I really want to get around to reading sometime.
- The thing I want to do most this year is to read more physical books! Through 2015, 80% of the books I read were e-books and that isn’t healthy for my eyes so I want to get around to reading more physical books (but they’re so expensive! 😦)
- Try to get ARCs. Until mid 2015, I didn’t even know what these were. I always thought publishers scrounged the net looking for the best blogs and sent them books to review. I didn’t know about NetGalley or anything! This year, I wanna figure out how the whole ARC thing works and my goal is to get at least one by the end of the year. 🙂
- BLOG MORE! I often went weeks without updating, which is something I want to do less of this year.
- Review every book. That’s right. Every single book I read will be reviewed. Hopefully.
- Do the tags and awards I’m mentioned in. I really like it when I’m tagged anywhere and honestly, I do mean to do them! But I forget, or I procrastinate it. So this year, I’m going to make sure I finish all the tags and awards before it’s too late.
- Do more memes. I love Top Ten Tuesdays and over this year, I want to do other memes like it! 🙂
- I started a second blog, about my life and things I’m interested in that aren’t books. I hope to post more there!
- Customize and make both this and my life blog look better visually.
- To follow more blogs and talk to more people from the blogosphere! I really want to find more people and make more friends this year 🙂 I honestly don’t follow enough blogs so my feed is mostly the same bloggers again and again.
- To be more focused on my academic work.
- To figure out what I want to do with my life.
- To write all the exams possible so that I get in at least somewhere. 😐
- To participate in more extra curricular activities.
- Eat healthier. That means less chocolate *sigh*
- Write more, structure out this story I’ve had sitting at the back of my brain for the longest time.
- I want to be more organized. With my blogs, my notes, my desk and my life. ._.
And those are my resolutions for 2016! Hopefully I can go through with most of these, if not all, by the end of the year!