A big thank you to Poulami @ NerdyBirdy for nominating me for this award!
- Write a post to show off your award! Give out a brief story about how your blog got started and give some advice to new bloggers about the blogging world.
- Thank the person who nominated you and give out a link to their blog. Then, list the names of the people you will nominate. Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
The Epic (lol) Tale of How My Blog Came To Be
I have loved reading since the day I was born (slight exaggeration but not really) I read more than most of my classmates and started a complete fail of a book club in Grade 3 with my best friend. Two people showed up to the first (and only) meeting. (It was a low point in our lives.) I also enjoyed writing poems and stories and so I started blogging in Grade 5. I wrote extremely riveting tales about how much I hated homework. It was another low point. At the end of 2014, I discovered BookTube. I loved that there was this entire community of people who made videos and talked solely about books. I started this blog towards the end of December and found that the book appreciation community extended to blogs too, which was super exciting! Then on, I started reading and reviewing and have loved it ever since. 🙂 (Even though I take random weeks off of blogging :P) The whole detailed story of my blog is here if you’re interested.
Advice For Bloggers
Ummm. Are you sure you want my advice? 😛
I’m no expert at blogging but I’m going to leave these few tips for anyone interested.
- Interact with people! Like and comment on other blogs, find blogs that review books that you enjoy so that you can get recommendation, talk to other bloggers and discuss books and life and things with them. It’ll make the whole blogging thing a lot of fun
- There is no such thing as a review to meme ratio, no fixed schedule unless you want to follow one. Your blog is your personal little part of the internet so you run it how you want!
- Don’t force yourself to blog. Take breaks as and when you want, it’ll help from making blogging seem like a chore.
Ultimately, make your blog something YOU’D want to read. 🙂
Thanks again Poulami! This was fun.
I further nominate the following people for this award:
- Anushka @ Going Through Books
- Gracie @ Gracie FM
- Jessica @ Paper Utopia
- Lois @ My Midnight Musing
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books
Feel free to ignore this if you’ve already done it 🙂