Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Visit their blog for more details on how to participate.
This week’s topic is underrated book, particularly books with under 2000 ratings on Goodreads. This is a very unique way of looking at underrated books. I’ve had my Goodreads account since 8th grade but I actively started using it only this year. I don’t have too many books on my profile so I’m going to stick with books under 3000 ratings.
So this is my list of top ten books under 3000 ratings on Goodreads in order of least to greatest number of ratings.
- Nina is Not Ok by Shappi Khorsandi – 110 ratings – 4 stars
This is an ARC but I really liked it, my review will be up soon. Hope it does well when it comes out 🙂
- Happy Ever After by Adele Geras – 357 ratings – 5 stars
I was surprised to see this doesn’t have more ratings because I loved this book. Set in the 1950s, this is a bind up of three beautiful retellings of Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White which are all intertwined in some way.
- I’ll Protect You by orangechicken – 515 ratings – 4 stars
This is a Wattpad story but it’s written impeccably and has a great plot. The characters and dialogue are sarcastic and fantastic. Highly recommend.
- Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate (Review) – 773 ratings – 4.5 stars
A brilliant debut novel, featuring great, relatable characters. I loved the different POVs and their unique writing styles. Redgate swaps POVs seamlessly, and it’s brilliant.
- Summer Days and Summer Nights (Review) – 1485 ratings – 3.5 stars
A perfect summer read with twelve short love stories. I loved this anthology. There are some great and not so great stories but I loved it nonetheless.
- Undecided by Julianna Keyes (Review) – 1775 ratings – 4.5 stars
I’m pretty sure this is my all time favourite New Adult book. There are great characters and great dialogue and great story. Everything is amazing! 😀
- The Tiny Wife by Andrew Kaufman – 2221 rating – 4 stars
Such a unique short story. The writing is beautiful and the illustrations are really pretty. The Tiny Wife is a story that makes you value life so much more and it really moved it.
- Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine – 2317 ratings – 4 stars
This story is so beautiful, it made me laugh and cry. The characters are so unique and different from anything I’d read before when I read it. It’s a very touching story and I really like it.
- Happily Ever After by Harriet Evans – 2506 ratings – 4 stars
This is the least fictitious story I’ve ever read. It’s so realistic and the characters are so believable. The story is a lot of fun because it’s about a girl who likes books! I loved how the story flowed. One of my favourite Adult books.
- Main Street Series by Ann M Martin – 1000-2000 ratings – 4.5 stars
I talk about this series so often but it’s so brilliant. There’s an overlying theme of change throughout the ten books. These books taught me so much about life. It’s a children’s series but I go back to it a lot because it means so much to me.
Let me know what your favourite underrated books are!