Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Books are awesome. They’re full of stories and adventures waiting to be embarked upon. I love going to bookshops and picking up books and smelling them and stroking them (I am a book creep, I’ll admit) and admiring their beauty. But then, I see the price and my wonderful fantasy of reading this book with a cup of tea while listening to the rain in the background DIES. Books are expensive! Are they worth it? Absolutely! Can I afford to buy all the books I want? Not unless I also buy 300 other bookshelves and convert my room into a library (I am okay with the 300 bookshelves not with the library because book borrowers cannot be trusted.)
Here is a list of the top 10 books I would buy IMMEDIATELY if I had a gift card with unlimited credit (though this makes no sense because if I had this superpower I would just buy ALL THE BOOKS!!!)
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson – I cannot find this book anywhere but I really want it in my life so I would order this with my unlimited moneys.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V E Schwab – I own this in eBook form but I REALLY WANT THE BEAUTIFUL HARDBACK!
- The Illustrated Harry Potter books – These are so goddamn expensive! And in my local bookshop they’re covered with plastic which if you remove, you have to pay for the actual book! So you cannot just look at the illustrations and leave, which is good for books but bad for people like me.
- Seconds – I’ve wanted to read more graphic novels and I love the concept of this one. But this too, is hella expensive so I’d buy it asap if I had a gift card.
- The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare – Despite loving this series more than TMI, I own the entire series in paperback of the latter but none of these. I also know that hardback versions have really beautiful illustrations on them so I want I want I want.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Eyre – I have read parodies of this book but not this book. There are some really pretty special edition covers which are very expensive which I would love to own!
- The Wrath and the Dawn duology by Renée Ahdieh – This has become one of my favourite series but I do not own it in physical book form so I would like to have that in my life.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – I think I am the only person on the blogosphere who hasn’t read this yet. DON’T HURT ME I JUST HAVE A MEGA HUGE TBR. If I had a physical copy I would jump right on this bandwagon immediately!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas – Throne of Glass is not my favourite series but I did enjoy the writing so I would lobe love to read this series for more Sarah!
- All the Rick Riordan books – He writes books faster than I can read them so I’d like to go back and read all of his work of all time ever thanks.
And that’s my list for this week! My birthday is in a month so if you’re a friend reading this (highly doubtful cos none of my friends in real life know about this blog) feel free to gift me any of these books! 😛