Since 2016 is almost over, I thought it would fun to reflect on my resolutions for the year and see if I managed to follow through with any of them. This is my original post from the beginning of January where I first shared my resolutions. Spoiler: I don’t think I went through with any xD
- Read less books, but more thoroughly. Goodreads goal of 50 – I changed my Goodreads goal to 75 by the middle of February and I read 84 books this year. I read a lot, but I did read more thoroughly than last year. So I say this one was a success!
- Read more non-fiction – I read one non-fiction book this year, which is one more than I have in the past 3 xD I have an entire list of NF books I want to get to, but I only managed one. At least it’s a start. This was partly successful.
- Read more physical books – This is a definite failure. I did read more physical books than last year but most of the books I read were still e-books. They’re more cost effective but are terrible for my eyes.
- Get approved for at least one ARC – I was approved for several! 🙂 I was new to NetGalley this year and so didn’t expect to get any, but I was approved for a lot of ARCs this year. I have 3 more that I am yet to read and review. This was a definite success!
- Blog more – There have definitely been weeks where I haven’t uploaded anything and months where I posted only once or twice but I think I posted a lot more this year than last year. The Weekly Recap feature guarantees one post each week, and I usually try to get in another one or two in a week.So this was definitely more successful in the latter half of the year.
- Review every book I read – HAHAHAHAHA. This was quite far fetched and I failed miserably in this xD
- Complete all the tags and awards – I wasn’t tagged for many this year so I was more focused on completing all of my tags from last year and I think I did pretty okay. I have one tag left and then I’ll be all caught up! 😀 This was a success!
- Participate in more bookish memes – I did take part in one Book Travelling Thursday but apart from that, this was a big fail.
- Post regularly on life blog – I barely posted anything on it, but I think I want to refine my writing style before I start again.
- Customize the blog – I recently had a drastic blog makeover and I am so pleased with how it looks now! :’) Success!
- Be more active on the blogosphere – Definitely a failll. I have made a few good friends this year but it was mostly with people who first spoke to me, I haven’t been very active in looking for new blogs or talking to people unless it’s just to reply to comments. Something I need to work on.
- Be more focused – LOL
- Figure out what I want to do in life – LOL
- Write all possible exams – I wrote the SAT and have registered for several entrance exams. Jai Mata Di.
- Participate in more extra-curricular activities – I tutored a few kids in the summer but that’s about it. I wanted to take part in competitions and MUN but none of that happened because of my extensive workload and terrible time management. I wish I was more organised so I could have done more this year because it was the last year of school and just ugh
- Eat healthy – There were times where I’d go completely off chocolate and other unhealthy stuff but there were others when I didn’t. I need to work on this.
- Write my story – Another far fetched idea considering my academic workload but I did start maintaining a notebook where I jot down ideas for stories whenever I get them.
- Be more organised – LOL
I have a lot to work on this coming year, but I think writing this post was very helpful as I got a chance to reflect and evaluate why I couldn’t succeed in most of my resolutions. I will have another post up on my goals for 2017, hopefully I am more successful next year.