I remember when I just started blogging, I used to see people doing posts about getting this award and I really wanted to be nominated and now, this is my second time (read my first Liebster Award post here) doing this :’) I’VE MADE IT, GUYS xD
I was nominated by my friend Anushka @ Going Through Books and Brittney @ A Bookworm’s Escape. Thank you! Check out their blogs, they are both amazing! ❤ Both of them nominated me last year so… you could say I’m a little bit behind on this 😛 Somehow, the rules on both their posts are different? So I’m going to be following what I posted the last time I did this, along with eleven random facts.
Warning: I ramble a lot. Sorry not sorry.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator.
Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers. Come up with 11 questions for them to answer. Inform your nominees.
Ten Facts About The Best Person Ever (me, if it wasn’t clear)
- I am very sarcastic. I always say what’s on my mind and make witty, sarcastic remarks impulsively (and regret them later *sigh*)
- I can spend hours scrolling through pretty pictures on Pinterest
- Once, I fell off a tree. Yup, you read that right. My friends and I went to this climbing park in the Netherlands with our exchange students and I got stuck on the zipline because I slipped before I attached both straps of my harness. I’m really proud of myself for not bursting into tears. When the person who works at the part came to see what happened, he yelled, “Are you alright?” I replied, “Yup, just hanging around.” Not gonna lie, I’m really happy I came up with that on the spot. 😛 Also, the guy who came to “save me” was really cute! My friend and I spent the next half hour talking to him so overall, it was kind of okay 😉
- Sometimes, I listen to music on my earphones and lip sync and pretend I’m in my own music video
- I am a good listener. A lot of people will vouch for me here, I’m great at listening to people’s problems and giving
terribleadvice. I think most of the time, people just want someone to talk to and vent. If you do, hit me up. Always here for anyone who needs to talk 🙂
- I’ve never been to a concert! I want to go though.
- Physics is my least favourite subject in the world, it makes no sense to me at all and I screw up in all my Physics papers.
- I get along with most of my teachers. While a lot of my friends disliked many of our teachers, I loved talking to them! I just think your teachers are some of the most interesting people who have so many stories and so much experience and it sucks that most students don’t get to see their personalities. They know a lot more than they let on and know you in ways you don’t know yourself.
- I am a very nostalgic person and I try to keep memorabilia related to important events of my life. I have a file full of almost all the cards I’ve received since 5th grade. Not just birthday cards – it has letters, farewell cards and so much random stuff.
- I used to be great at keeping in touch with people and messaged old friends all the time but some time last year, I just gave up on a lot of people. When I’m the only one invested in the friendship, what’s the point, right? Barely any of the people who I considered close friends have reached out since so that sucks. So now, the friend group I have is a lot smaller but a lot more genuine.
- I want to live in New York someday. Even if it’s for a very short period of time, I want to be a part of the greatest city in the world. 🙂
- Which author that you have read so far this year would you like to meet the most?
I haven’t read much this year yet, but from what I have, I’d love to meet Sarah J Maas. She has a great personality and her writing is so addictive!
- Who is you favorite book boyfriend and why?
Just one?! It’s always between Percy Jackson and Will Herondale but I think I’ll be going with Percy. He’s wonderful.
- What made you want to start blogging?
I have a whole section of my blog dedicated to that here. In short – I like books. I like writing. Boom! Writing about books.
- What is your favorite book of all time?
WHY ARE THESE QUESTIONS SO HARD??? My favourite book that’s not part of a series, is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It’s so beautiful.
- Why do you love it?
The writing is so mysterious and alluring, the ambiance of the Night Circus is described so beautifully. The story is so unique and I’ve never read anything like it.
- What book has helped you through a really tough time?
When I’m going through tough times, I binge read. What comes to mind at the top of my head is the Vampire Academy series. They were a lot of fun. I want to reread them this year.
- If you could change one books ending which would it be and why?
Allegiant (skip to the next question because Allegiant spoilers) I’m not saying I won’t kill Tris, oh no, I’d like Four to die too. 🙂 I hate them both. And this book.
- Where is your favorite place to read?
My balcony when it’s raining. 🙂
- Who is your favorite author of all time?
MORE DIFFICULT QUESTIONS WHY. A three way tie between JK Rowling, Rick Riordan and Cassandra Clare.
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
Discussing things in the comments and finding other book lovers from around the world!
- What is you top 3 favorite series?
Harry Potter, The Lunar Chronicles, The Shadowhunter Chronicles.
- Which is one book you read in the last 6 months that you regret picking up?
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith. Nothing happened in this book. Nothing. I was so bored.
- Which is the last book you DNF’ed?
The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood. The dialogue was so unrealistic, the characters very flat and one dimensional and the writing was generic. There are better books to read!
- Do you read classics? Which are your favorites?
I don’t! I want to, though. My favourite classic is A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. ❤
- Do book editions/covers/heights matter to you?
I actually like when books have different heights, they look really cool on bookshelves! I don’t like when I have books of the same series with different covers, that’s really annoying.
- The big which was responsible for your biggest reading slump?
Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas
- Are you a movie buff?
Not really, no. I watch very few movies, most being book to movie adaptations.
- Which is your favorite memory from school?
I love all of the school trips my school took us to. In the ninth grade, we went to Delhi and Agra on a school trip which was a lot of fun! And very eventful. It was the last school trip we had.
I also emceed a lot of school events and have only happy memories of that!
- Which is one genre you used to read a lot before but have completely given up now?
Children’s fiction maybe? I grew out of it, but I still enjoy some of the books. I’m over dystopian books too. I was also on a New Adult contemporary kick last year but don’t read much from the genre anymore.
- Have you subscribed to any bookish subscription boxes?
hahahaha, as if I can </3 We don’t have
many bookish sub box services in India and shipping is too damn expensive
- What are you currently reading?
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas, Moranifesto by Caitlin Moran and Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde. (Yes I read a lot of books at once :P)
I’m not going to be nominating anyone as I’ve already done this before. I hope you all learnt a bit more about me through this! Tell me three random facts about yourself in the comments. Have you also had any experience falling off trees?