HI! 😀 I’m Shoto! 🙂 (you’re probably pronouncing it wrong :P) Welcome to my blog!
I’m from India, the land of too many people and far too many festivals. I’m 16 years old and currently studying Science in the 12th grade. I’m really confused about what to do after high school but I need to figure it out soon. Law seems like an interesting profession.
I love books, as is obvious, but apart from books, I enjoy listening to all kinds of music, watching YouTube videos, binge watching all kinds of TV shows (pls recommend some good ones to me!) and watching the occasional book-to-movie adaptation and telling anyone who’ll listen, “THE BOOK WAS BETTER!” and watching all the Disney movies. 🙂 Fall Out Boy and Five Seconds of Summer are my favourite bands, Ed Sheeran is awesome. And I’m really loving Ariana Grande’s new stuff!
I love public speaking – debates, elocution or even campaign speeches for student council! I really want to travel the world someday. There are so many places that I want to visit! My favourite city is Paris. It’s so pretty and artsy and just breathtaking. The best experience of my life, to date, was when I participated in a student exchange program and spent a week in the Netherlands. Being in a different place, meeting people who speak a different language, it made me feel so alive and made me realise how there is soooo little of the world that I’ve seen.
I enjoy writing but I’m not the best at it, but apart from this blog, I recently stated a second one talking about my life, there’s some of my bad poetry too and some of my opinions on things. If you’re interested, you can check it out here.
Here are seven thrilling facts about myself (thrilling hahaha as if I’m that interesting) (read on anyway) (please) –
1. I don’t like cheese. I like cheese on pizza, but that’s about it. The idea of fondue or just eating cheese plain is absurd to me.
2. Make up is not my thing. While most other girls my age are totally adept at making themselves look perfect with makeup, I usually end up looking like a clown. So I don’t wear makeup ever.
3. Instagram is my favourite social media platform. I love looking at other people’s pictures. (Does that sound creepy?)
4. One time, the principal of my school told me I’m her favourite student. I started crying. It was awkward. Way to ruin a moment. *sigh* when will I learn?
5. I have no siblings. I have a younger cousin, who’s really cute but no siblings of my own. I used to be jealous of my neighbours who had 2 kids but eh, I’m kind of over it after 16 years.
6. Cards and letters are my favourite gifts! I have a folder full of every letter and card anyone has given me since fourth grade. I love looking through it from time to time ^.^
7. I prefer travelling cities and roaming around towns doing mundane, normal things over touristy things. The best way to experience a city is to be a part of it 🙂